Makeup-Free Season Premiere of 'The Talk' Hits Ratings High
Improving 37 percent, year over year, the CBS daytime show has its best opener to date.
CBS might want to look into cutting The Talk's makeup and wardrobe budget.
Monday's stripped down season premiere, which saw its five panelists go mostly au naturel, marked the series' strongest ever premiere ratings. Metered markets give the episode a 2.6 overnight households rating and eight share.
The number is subject to some adjustments -- US Open finals delayed the West Coast broadcast until Tuesday -- but the final number is on track to show significant improvement from last year's opener that brought in a 1.9 rating and six share on Sept. 12, an improvement of 37 percent.
Yesterday was a big one for daytime talkers. In addition to the return of The Talk, Katie Couric, Jeff Probst and Ricki Lake all debuted new series. Steve Harvey, one of the strongest of the freshman pack, debuted last week.
The Talk's co-hosts, Julie Chen, Aisha Tyler, Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert and Sheryl Underwood, announced earlier in August that they would make their season three return without makeup and devote the hour to discussions of beauty.
Jamie Lee Curtis, also makeup free, appeared during the hour.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR