'The Voice' First Look: Cee Lo Green's Powerhouse Battle Round (Video)
The coach pits two belters against each other when the NBC competition moves on to its next phase on Monday.
Having made the cut during The Voice blind auditions, the performers are now getting ready for battle. Next Monday, the coaches will start the tough process of whittling their teams down in the battle rounds.
“The pressure for the coaches is enormous,” Executive Producer Mark Burnett tells The Hollywood Reporter. “What they’re doing now is they’re taking their 12 members of their team and narrowing them down to six for the live shows.”
We just met Cheesa this week, but come Monday Cee Lo Green pits her against former Air Force officer and viral video star, Angie Johnson on Bonnie Tyler’s "Total Eclipse Of The Heart."
“What a great, great version of that song,” Burnett says. “I’ve always loved that song. I thought it was a great, great choice that Cee Lo makes in that battle.”
“It’s tough to decide who should win,” he adds. “They’re still in competition, but they’re doing justice to the song and justice to Cee Lo. And working as a unit, which I think is such a great element of this show.”
Watch THR's first look at Cheesa and Angie’s battle round below
The Voice airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR