'The Voice': The Shields Brothers Cover Coach Cee Lo Green's 'Forget You' (Video)
Having just been eliminated from the NBC competition Monday, the boys show there's no love lost with their tribute to its coach.
Whether or not they think they were robbed on Monday’s battle rounds on The Voice, The Shields Brothers show that there’s no love lost between them and their former coach Cee Lo Green with a cover of his hit, “Forget You.”
All Rixeyville, Va. garage rockers Tristan and Rory Shields wanted to do was “punch America in the face with rock and roll.” And during the blind auditions, they did just that with a spirited performance of Generation X’s (and later Billy Idol’s) “Dancing With Myself.”
It had Cee Lo’s head bobbing from the start. They even had Christina Aguilera confused, asking “What’s going on?” And Blake Shelton saying it sounded like chaos. That’s rock and roll.
After Cee Lo dropped the duo on Monday evening, they dropped their rendition of his song – complete with references to his white cat, Purrfect, and enough wardrobe changes to make their clotheshorse of a coach proud.
Watch the video below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR