Thomas McDonell Lands Lead in The CW's 'The 100'
The actor, who was in "Fun Size," will star opposite Eliza Taylor in the one-hour drama.
The 100 has found its hero.
Thomas McDonell will co-star opposite Eliza Taylor in The CW drama pilot from executive producer Jason Rothenberg, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the forthcoming The Hundred book series by Kass Morgan, The 100 is set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization. A spaceship housing the lone human survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to investigate the possibility of re-colonizing the planet.
McDonell will play the handsome, charismatic and courageous Finn, one of the delinquents sent on the ship to Earth who has no problem following Clarke's (Taylor) lead. A free spirit, he is something of a folk hero to the kids on The Ark because of his ability to bend the rules and escape unharmed. Henry Ian Cusick, Isaiah Washington, Eli Goree, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos and Paige Turco co-star.
Rothenberg will write and executive produce the Alloy TV/Warner Bros. TV project along with Matthew Miller, Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo. Bharat Nalluri will direct.
McDonell, who starred in Josh Schwartz's Fun Size, Prom and recurred on ABC's Suburgatory, is repped by WME. He next appears in The Devil's Rapture.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR