Tim Gunn on 'Jersey Shore's' Snooki's Fashion: It's the Monkey House at the Zoo (Video)
During an appearance on "Lopez Tonight," the "Project Runway" mentor rips the reality star and her MTV cohorts.
Project Runway co-host Tim Gunn is not a fan of Jersey Shore fashion, especially when it's worn by Snooki Polizzi.
On Lopez Tonight Tuesday, Gunn said Snooki's fashion sense was much like the experience of visiting zoo monkeys.
He called it the "monkey house at the zoo" theory: "In the case of say a Snooki, she looks at herself for the first time in the mirror in that getup and says, 'Oh my god, can I really go out in this?' And then 20 minutes later she's still looking at herself and she thinks, 'I don't look so bad.'
"At the monkey house it would be, 'Oh, it doesn't smell so bad anymore.' When you first walk in it stinks and after 40 minutes it doesn't smell at all -- that's when Snooki leaves the house."
Asked to compare the fashion of the women on the various Housewives shows to the Jersey Shore cast, Gunn said, "Let me put it this way, at least the Housewives, absence of taste level or not, make an attempt to dress up. The Jersey Shore people, what is that? It's all that stretch material, Spandex, the Lurex, the tightness, the skin, it's vulgar."
Gunn and Lopez also discussed how to wear a suit in sweltering heat and why Hillary Clinton's pantsuits don't work.
Gunn's Jersey Shore comments start around the 3:10 mark below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR