TLC Cancels Kat Von D Reality Series, 'LA Ink'
After a tumultuous start, the network announces this will be the show's last season.
Who knows? This may be good news for Kat Von D, who pulled out of promoting the current season of TLC’s LA Ink, which includes footage of ex-fiance Jesse James.
At any rate, a TLC spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that it has canceled LA Ink.
"TLC has decided that the current season of LA Ink will be its last,” the network says in a statement. “The network is proud of what the series has accomplished in its four seasons, following Kat Von D's journey as an artist from Miami to Los Angeles. The series finale will air Sept. 15 at 10 p.m."
Since the series' return on July 28, it has averaged 1.4 million viewers an episode.
In promoting the current season’s premiere, Von D stormed off the Good Day L.A. set after realizing that her ex-fiance was in the show’s preview clip. In response, the morning show said that the clip was provided by the network. Von D later refused to apologize and pulled out of any promotion for the series.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)