TLC Nabs Intimate Susan Boyle Documentary Featuring Simon Cowell (Exclusive)
"Susan Boyle: An Unlikely Superstar" will air Sunday, November 6.
An intimate documentary about Britain’s Got Talent plain jane turned overnight star, Susan Boyle, has been generating headlines in the UK and it will soon be arriving stateside. TLC has landed the rights to air Susan Boyle: An Unlikely Superstar and will debut it on Sunday, November 6 at 8 pm.
The one hour program was shot over seven weeks and follows the singer as she’s about to launch her third album. It follows her around the world, captures her in the recording studio, and back with her tight knit local Scottish community.
The documentary from award-winning director Osca Humphreys (My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding) and produced by Firecracker films includes interviews with her close friends and associates, including her mentor, The X Factor’s Simon Cowell.
Boyle burst on to the world scene in 2009 when her Britain’s Got Talent performance of “I Dreamed a Dream” from the musical, Les Miserables, made her a viral video superstar. She has gone on to sell more than 14 million albums worldwide and she’s the first artist to have two albums reach No. 1 on the UK and American album charts in a one year period.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR