TLC To Televise Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo Wedding
The reality special will include dress shopping and the wedding shower.
TLC will air the wedding of celebrity couple Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo, the network announced Tuesday. The special will include the ceremony as well as pre-wedding events including Minnillo’s wedding shower and dress shopping.
“We’re lucky to have such passionate and loving fans, and we thought partnering with TLC on this special would be the best way to share the exciting journey we’re on with all the people that support us and our relationship,” said Lachey and Minnillo in a joint statement.
This is not the former boy band member’s foray into nuptial-themed reality programming. Lachey’s marriage to Jessica Simpson was chronicled in the 2003 MTV docusoap Newlyweds.
TLC has been beefing up its wedding-themed programming with multiple spin-offs of popular staple Say Yes to the Dress and recently programmed numerous hours related to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The airdate for Nick & Vanessa’s Dream Wedding (working title) has yet to be announced as the couple, who have been dating since 2006, are keeping that detail top-secret. But the special will air a few weeks after the wedding.
Celebrity weddings are increasingly popular events for reality television, but they don’t always go off without a hitch. Lifetime recently had to abandon plans to produce a special about the nuptials of aging Playboy mogul Hugh Hefner and Playmate Krystal Harris when the couple abruptly called off their wedding.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)