TNT Renews 'Southland' for Fifth Season
The Michael Cudlitz and Regina King starrer will return in February with 10 new episodes.
TNT has renewed critical darling Southland for a fifth season.
The cable network announced Friday that the cop drama starring Michael Cudlitz, Regina King, Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy will return in February with 10 original episodes.
"We are very proud of Southland and grateful to everyone involved in the series, including executive producers John Wells, Chris Chulack and Jonathan Lisco; creator Ann Biderman; and our partners at Warner Bros. Television," TNT, TBS and TCM president and head of programming Michael Wright said a statement announcing the news. "We look forward to going deeper into the lives of Southland's extraordinary characters and the streets they struggle to keep safe next year."
The fourth season of the drama featured multiepisode guest turns from Lucy Liu and Dorian Missick as well as Lou Diamond Phillips, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Marla Gibbs and C. Thomas Howell, among others.
In announcing the renewal, Wright touted the drama's gains among younger audiences.
TNT bought the series in 2009 after it was axed by NBC following its freshman season. The show has been a solid performer for the Turner-owned cable network since.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR