TNT's 'Rizzoli & Isles' Sees Softer Ratings Return, 'Franklin & Bash' Gets Tuesday Boost
The buddy-driven dramas kick off their respective summer runs on a new night to mixed -- and largely positive -- numbers.
TNT opened up shop on Tuesday night with premieres for the newly relocated Rizzoli & Isles and Franklin & Bash.
Kicking off their third and second seasons, respectively, the dramas gave the network year-over-year gains for the night -- though only one got a bump from last summer.
Franklin & Bash, airing at 10 p.m., saw growth from last year's relatively modest series premiere. It jumped 12 percent, earning 3.07 viewers (over last June's 2.7 million). In the demos, the Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar dramedy saw gains with adults 18-49 (1.089 million) and adults 25-54 (1.245 million).
Greatly outpacing its timeslot neighbor, but showing some signs of fatigue, was Rizzoli & Isles. The 9 p.m. premiere dropped nearly 800,000 viewers from last year's Monday debut. It pulled in 5.62 million viewers overall, with 1.537 million adults 18-49 and 1.9 million adults 25-54.
The Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander starrer premiered to a then-record of 7.55 million viewers in 2010. And while its new numbers are nearly 2 million south, the new run still gives the network its strongest ever Tuesday premiere for a scripted series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game