Tom Brokaw Checks Out of Hospital Following 'Morning Joe' Health Scare
The NBC News veteran, backing out of an appearance on Joe Scarsborough's MSNBC show, says he mistakenly took half a dose of Ambien.
Tom Brokaw is in good shape following a bit of a disconcerting morning for the veteran anchor.
Down in Charlotte, North Carolina, for the Democractic National Convention, the 72-year-old newsman was due to appear on MSNBC's Morning Joe when he felt light-headed and was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
“After medical evaluation and a round of tests, Tom was pronounced in great health and has been discharged," said NBC News president Steve Capus. "We're immensely grateful to the team at Carolinas Medical Center for their excellent care and professionalism.”
Brokaw has been covering the DNC -- and the Republican National Convention before it -- alongside heir to his old Nightly News desk Brian Williams, Today's Savannah Guthrie, Andrea Mitchell and a slew of other NBC News faces.
He took to Twitter to reassure concerned viewers.
“All is well," wrote Brokaw. "Early AM I mistakenly took a half dose of Ambien and made less sense than usual. Made a better comeback than Giants...”
NBC's coverage of the 2012 DNC concludes tonight with a speech from President Obama.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR