Tom Fontana Teams With A&E on Half-Hour Drama
The cable network has ordered two scripts for "The Box."
NEW YORK -- A&E is teaming with veteran showrunner Tom Fontana (Oz, Homicide: Life on the Street) on a half-hour drama about police interrogations.
The Box will feature a small ensemble cast and harks back to Fontana's roots as s playwright with each episode will explore one interrogation. The project is in the early stages of development; A&E has ordered two 30-mintue scripts. If picked up to series, The Box will be produced by Arvin Brown (NCIS, The Closer), George Stelzner and Fontana and his producing partner Barry Levinson through The Levinson/Fontana Company.
“The Box takes the most thrilling scene of a crime procedural and puts it at center stage in aunique format,” said Bob DeBitetto, president and general manager of A&E and BIO Channel, in a statement. “We are thrilled to partner with the exceptionally creative Tom Fontana on the development of this project.”
Fontana is repped by UTA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR