Tonight's TV Picks: 'The Closer,' 'Perception' and 'Opening Act'
"The Closer" begins its final run of episodes, followed by the premiere of "Perception" on TNT, while E! serves up "Opening Act," a new talent show from producer Nigel Lythgoe.
As The Bachelorette Emily Maynard narrows her field of willing dupes, er, suitors, and may offer them overnight dates in tonight's episode, here are more Monday night TV choices in addition to the dating contest.
1. The Closer returns at 9 p.m. on TNT to kick off its final run of six episodes, with Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson running into her nemesis when she testifies in a rape case. Immediately following The Closer at 10p.m., the premiere of the new drama Perception, starring Eric McCormack as a schizophrenic professor who consults with the Feds on particular cases.
2. New episodes of Secret Life of the American Teenager at 8 p.m., followed by the eccentric yet charming Bunheads at 9 p.m. on ABC Family.
3. Fox serves up new episodes of Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef.
4. The Real Housewives of New York travel to London, except for Ramona and Aviva, in tonight's episode at 9 p.m. Post-Housewives, there are new episodes of Miss Advised (the most appropriately named show on the Bravo schedule) and Watch What Happens Live on Bravo.
5. The 10 p.m. slot has the most to offer in the way of new episodes:
--Opening Act premieres on E! with a singer who gets a big surprise when she's chosen to open for Rod Stewart. Nigel Lythgoe, of American Idol and So You Think Can Dance fame, produces this show as well.
--More Bad Girls Club fun and games on Oxygen.
--A new episode of Lost Girl on Syfy.
--A new episode of the always-inspiring Push Girls on Sundance Channel.
What will you watch tonight? Are you excited about seeing Eric McCormack in a new drama? Or are you more interested in a new talent competition? Take a look at the trailers below and hit the comments with your thoughts.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @thesurfreport
Sundance: On the Scene