Top New York Times Political Reporters Headed to ABC News
Jeff Zeleny and Susan Saulny are finalizing deals to join the TV news organization's Washington bureau.
ABC News is finalizing deals with New York Times reporters Jeff Zeleny and Susan Saulny, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. An official announcement is expected to come next week, as early as Monday or Tuesday. Zeleny and Saulny will be based in ABC’s Washington bureau, joining a Beltway bench that already includes Martha Raddatz and Jonathan Karl.
News of the impending appointments was first reported by Politico. ABC News declined comment.
Although Zeleny and Saulny are print reporters, both appear with some frequency on television. And in an e-mail to Politico, Times executive editor Jill Abramson noted that she is “well aware” that Zeleny "is terrific on television."
“I regularly send him mash notes after seeing him on TV,” Abramson wrote to Politico. “The second I asked Susan to focus on video during the 2012 campaign, I knew TV executives would come swooping down on her. She’s a tremendously gifted reporter and writer who, perhaps unfortunately for me, lights up any screen.”
Abramson concluded her note: “I hope both of them decide to stay at the Times and be part of our burgeoning digital video journalism.”
Alas, that does not seem to be in the cards.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack