'Torchwood: Miracle Day': Starz Announces New Interactive Motion Comic
New app features game play elements, parallel stories, and the stars' voices.
Torchwood: Miracle Day stars John Barrowman, Eliza Dushku and Eve Myles are lending their voices to their characters on a newly announced interactive app that will be a companion piece to the series.
BBC Worldwide and Starz announced Tuesday that the motion comic titled, Torchwood: Web of Lies, will feature interactive game play elements, and clues to the series premiering on Starz on July 8.
Torchwood: Web of Lies takes place in the past -- on a day in the lives of Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper that they’ve both forgotten. The consequences of that day will drive a present day conspiracy-laced treasure hunt as Holly Mokri (voiced by Eliza Dushku) tries to uncover the secrets of Miracle Day. Each week will present a new episode and game, which ties into the broadcast show, but has its own twists and turns.
The first narrative and game will be released for free on iTunes prior to the series premiere on July 8. The remaining nine can be purchased in packs of three for $0.99 or fans can purchase all 10 episodes for $2.99.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR