NFL, Travel Channel Team for New Series
"NFL Road Tested" offers a behind-the-scenes look at the preparations for travel during a football season; the first season follows the Cleveland Browns.
Travel Channel and the NFL are teaming for a new behind-the-scenes TV series.
NFL Road Tested, a team-up between the network, NFL Films and RIVR Media, will follow a professional football team as it travels from city to city for games during the regular NFL season. The first NFL team the series will be spotlighting is the Cleveland Browns.
The series will highlight how the Browns prepare each week with first-hand looks from the players and management, including owner Jimmy Haslam. Episodes will focus on the weeks leading up to games played against the Giants, Ravens, Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos and Steelers.
NFL Road Tested: The Cleveland Browns will launch Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 10 p.m.
Executive producers are Pat Kelleher, Ross Ketover, Rob Lundgren, Lori Stryer and Brian Leonard, with J.W. Johnson as supervising producer.
NFL Road Tested is the latest sports docu-series to make it to air. HBO's Hard Knocks, which follows an NFL team as they prepare for the season, began airing in 2000. Showtime's baseball equivalent, The Franchise, has aired two seasons, following the San Francisco Giants and the Florida Marlins during the course of a MLB season.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR