Treat Williams to Co-Star in NBC Drama 'Odyssey'
The "Traffic"-like thriller stars Peter Facinelli and Anna Friel.
Treat Williams is staying put at NBC.
The Everwood alum, who has been recurring on Chicago Fire, has joined the cast of the network's drama pilot Odyssey, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Odyssey centers on three families who are torn apart when a stranded female soldier (Pushing Daisies' Anna Friel), a disillusioned corporate attorney (Nurse Jackie's Peter Facinelli) and a disrespected political activist (The Carrie Diaries' Jake Robinson) are pulled into the same shocking international military conspiracy.
Williams will play Col. Glen, a significant member of the cover-up of the assassination of the 24th Special Ops unit. His character is an expert at being simultaneously upbeat and duplicitous.
Williams, who is repped by APA and The Lasher Group, is a three-time Golden Globe nominee who picked up an Emmy mention for 1996's The Late Shift. He will next be seen in Reaching for the Moon with Miranda Otto and Barefoot alongside Evan Rachel Wood and Scott Speedman. His credits include 127 Hours, Deadfall and critical favorite Everwood.
The Following's Adam Armus and Kay Foster will pen the script and executive produce Odyssey alongside Peter Horton, who will direct the pilot and pen episodes should the project move forward. Nate Mooney, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Daniella Pineda and Elena Kampouris co-star.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR