'Treme' Returns From Year-Long Absence With Season 3 Trailer (Video)
David Simon and Eric Overmyer's New Orleans drama heads back to HBO on Sept. 23, with Ladonna (Khandi Alexander) and Albert (Clarke Peters) getting much of the attention in the first clips.
After being pushed from spring to fall, Treme finally returns to HBO on Sunday, Sept. 23 -- and now the network has the first trailer to show for it.
More of a teaser than anything, this first look at the series' third season features returning cast members Wendell Pierce (Antoine), Melissa Leo (Toni), Steve Zahn (Davis), Kim Dickens (Janette) Clarke Peters (Albert) and Khandi Alexander (Ladonna). The latter two are featured most prominently in the spot, with a short-haired Ladonna returning to her New Orleans bar after being raped and beaten last season.
"You've got to let them know that you ain't afraid," Albert tells her.
Treme, created by The Wire's David Simon and Eric Overmyer, has examined the effects of Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans since premiering in 2010. It also stars Lucia Micarelli, Michiel Huisman, Rob Brown and David Morse.
Watch the full trailer below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera