'Treme's' Fourth and Final Season Gets a 5-Episode Order
HBO confirms that the conclusion of David Simon and Eric Overmyer's New Orleans drama will run at half the length of previous seasons.
HBO is moving forward with plans for the final season of Treme, and production starts in little over a week.
The series' official Facebook page announced the news Friday, later confirmed by HBO, that the fourth and final run of the New Orleans drama would be just five episodes and start filming on Nov. 5.
This news comes little more than a month after the premiere of the 10-episode third season and co-creators David Simon and Eric Overmyer announced that they had been given the green light to wrap up the story with an abbreviated final run.
“We are going to be back for a season 3.5,” Simon said at the time. “HBO, upon viewing the 10 (season-three episodes) that we gave them and what we’ve done, they want to see the end of the story. They fought very hard to give us half a loaf. We’re going to take it and run.”
Well-regarded by critics, Treme has never brought in big numbers for the cable network. It's been the network's lowest-rated drama for the last two seasons, earning fewer than 500,000 viewers in original Sunday broadcasts.
Treme's current season will continue through December.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For