Vh1 Rock Docs Revisit 'Total Request Live' Featuring 'The Voice's' Carson Daly, Backstreet Boys
After the former host let the news slip via Twitter, the network confirms a 2012 premiere.
After 10 years on MTV, Total Request Live closed up shop in November of 2008, ending its run as one of the premier pop-music platforms of the decade.
VH1 confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that their Emmy Award-winning Rock Docs franchise will revisit the series, featuring an interview with host Carson Daly.
“Sitting down with @vh1 for the 1st official TRL doc,” Daly tweeted on Thursday. “Memory lane here I come…..any must mention moments?”
The documentary will also feature interviews with artists who frequented TRL’s Times Square studio, including the Backstreet Boys, Korn and Good Charlotte.
After letting the cat out of the bag, Daly recalled a Mariah Carey appearance, in which she touted the benefits of ice cream and stripped down on-air, as a must-mention-memory.
“I forgot how many times I was drunk from 98-03,” he added. “Wowzers- this is fun.”
Daily served as host of the program from its debut in 1998 until 2003, when a variety of VJs – or Video Jockeys – stepped in. Over the following five years, hosts included Damien Fahey, Hilarie Burton, Vanessa Minnillo, Quddus, Lala Vasquez and Susie Castillo.
Lauren Lazin — who was nominated for an Oscar for her 2005 documentary Tupac: Resurrection — is helming the TRL Rock Docs hour, which is targeted to bow in 2012. The VH1 franchise has looked at 50 Cent, Jay Z and iconic television program Soul Train. The latter installment was just nominated for a News & Documentary Emmy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack