'True Blood' Casts New Vampire: Italian Actress Joins as Series Regular
The HBO show has added Valentina Cervi to the upcoming Season 5.
HBO's True Blood has just added a new vampire to Season 5 and she sounds like she’s going to make quite a stir in Bon Temps.
She will play Salome, a seductive and powerful ancient vampire whose beauty may only be outdone by her intelligence. According to early casting notices, the character is derived from King Herod’s daughter in the New Testament. She ordered John the Baptist’s head on a silver platter.
The 35-year-old actress was born in Rome -- her father is Italian director Tonino Cervi and her grandfather is the Italian actor Gino Cervibegan. She began acting at 10 years old and has appeared in several films including this year’s Jane Eyre and 1996's The Portrait of a Lady. She also appeared in the BBC TV mini-series, Zen, starring Rufus Sewell.
True Blood returns in Summer 2012 to HBO.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing