'True Blood' Promotes Adina Porter to Series Regular
The actress has been with the vampire drama since season one and plays Tara's mother, Lettie Mae Thornton.
HBO's True Blood has promoted one of its longest-running original players to series regular.
Adina Porter, who plays Tara's mother, Lettie Mae Thornton, will be a regular part of the vampire drama's seventh and final season.
The actress, who also has appeared as Kendra James for two seasons of HBO's Aaron Sorkin drama The Newsroom, had been billed as a special guest star on True Blood.
In addition to the two dramas, Porter has had roles in HBO films including Gia and Lackawanna Blues. Her credits also include Prison Break, NYPD Blue, Law & Order, Saving Grace and American Dreams. Most recently, she guest-starred on Grey's Anatomy, American Horror Story, Glee, The Vampire Diaries and House, among others.
She's repped by TalentWorks and Bamboo Management.
Porter joins previously announced new series regulars Bailey Noble (Adilyn Bellefleur), Amelia Rose Blaire (Willa Burrell), Luke Grimes (James) and Karolina Wydra (Violet).
The final 10-episode season of True Blood returns in 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting