'True Blood' Season 4 Premiere Matches Ratings High
The return of HBO's True Blood proved its worth in the ratings.
Sunday's Season 4 premiere matched the supernatural series' series high in the ratings, drawing 5.4 million viewers at 9 p.m. Compared to last year's season launch, which lured 5.1 million, True Blood improved 6 percent.
The season premiere is on par with the Season 3 closer last September, when Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) was seen disappearing into fairyland.
An 11 p.m. encore of the Season 4 opener added 1 million more viewers for a cume of 6.4 million on premiere night.
[Note: If you haven't seen the premiere, don't go past this point.] And what viewers found out soon after Sookie's visit to the "other world," was how much time had actually passed, allowing such things like Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) buying Sookkie's house, Tara (Rutina Wesley) getting into cage fighting and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) becoming a full-fledged deputy. Here is a complete rundown of what Sookie needs to catch up on in Bon Temps, La.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'