'True Blood' Season Six Premiere Date Announced
The HBO vampire drama will return Sunday, June 16.
True Blood will bite back in June.
The HBO vampire drama's season-six premiere has been announced for Sunday, June 16 at 9 p.m.
Stephen Moyer, who plays vampire Bill on the show, is directing the premiere episode.
The series, starring Moyer, Anna Paquin and Alexander Skarsgard, recently underwent an unexpected change in showrunners, as The Hollywood Reporter first reported. Mark Hudis, who in May replaced departing creator-showrunner Alan Ball, was replaced himself by writer-producer Brian Buckner, who has been with the series since its first season.
The new 10-episode season will see a slew of additions to the show, including Friday Night Lights actress Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner), whose character will have a deep and dark connection to Sookie Stackhouse (Paquin).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)