'True Blood': 'Who's the Boss' Star to Guest
Katherine Helmond will play Caroline Bellefleur in two episodes of HBO’s vampire drama.
Katherine Helmond, best known as Mona from the sitcom Who’s the Boss, has been tapped to guest star on HBO’s vampire drama True Blood.
First reported by True-Blood.net, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Helmond will play Caroline Bellefleur, the grandmother of Bon Temps sheriff Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) and his sister, Portia (Courtney Ford). The actress is set to appear in two episodes of Season 4, which premieres Sunday.
While not much is known about Helmond’s role on the HBO series, in the Charlaine Harris books on which the series is based, Caroline was anti-vampire and was not a fan of Sookie (played on the series by Anna Paquin).
She eventually comes around after Sookie helps prove Andy’s innocence in the death of Lafayette. Bill (Stephen Moyer) is later revealed to be Caroline’s great-grandfather.
Helmond, repped by APA, most recently was part of the voice cast for Disney/Pixar’s Cars and its sequel.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR