TruTV's 'Hardcore Pawn: Chicago' Gives Network Best Launch Ever
The spinoff drew more than 2.1 million viewers, just eclipsing the haul its parent series took back in 2010.
Hardcore Pawn is no one-trick pony. The TruTV series' Chicago-based spinoff premiered to record numbers Tuesday night.
The first episode pulled in 2.1 million viewers at 9:30 p.m., just beating the previous network record of 2 million set by Hardcore Pawn in 2010.
Hardcore Pawn: Chicago also bested previous series openers in key demos, nabbing 1 million adults 18-to-49 and 602,000 men in the demo.
As for the parent series, Hardcore Pawn remains on top. A new episode, which aired at 9 p.m. and gave Chicago a hefty lead-in, drew 2.8 million viewers. In the demos, the show brought in 1.4 million in 18-to-49 and 827,000 men in the demo.
Jan. 1 now ranks as TruTV's second-most-watched Tuesday night ever in total viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR