'The Tudors' Actress Natalie Dormer Joins ABC's 'Poe'
English actress Natalie Dormer has been cast in ABC pilot Poe.
The crime procedural, from Warner Bros. TV and Dan Lin’s Lin Pictures, centers on the world’s first detective, Edgar Allan Poe (Christopher Egan), who uses unconventional means to uncover mysteries. The series is set in Boston during the 1840s.
Dormer, whose previous TV credits include Showtime’s The Tudors and BBC’s Silk, will play the part of Celeste.
She joins Kevin McNally, Tabrett Bethell, Leslie Odom Jr. and Egan, who are already locked into roles.
Chris Hollier (Alias, Kyle XY) will write and executive produce the pilot, with Lin (The Departed, Sherlock Holmes) and Brad Kern (Human Target, Charmed) joining him as executive producers. Alex Graves (Terra Nova, Fringe) is on board to direct.
Dormer is repped by ICM and United Agents.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR