TV Land's 'Hot in Cleveland' Set for 2014 Syndication Bow
CBS Television Distribution has sold the Betty White starrer to stations in more than 65 percent of the country and in nine of the top 10 markets.
TV Land's Hot in Cleveland is expanding its reach.
CBS Television Distribution has sold the Betty White sitcom to TV stations covering more than 65 percent of the country -- including nine of the top 10 markets -- for a 2014 premiere.
CTD, which acquired TV Land's home-grown series last fall, has sold the series to stations including WLNY New York, KCAL Los Angeles, WPSG Philadelphia, KTXA Dallas-Ft. Worth and KBCW San Francicso-Oakland as well as to local markets in Chicago, Boston, Atlanta and Houston. Sales extend to station groups Sinclar Broadcast Group, LIN TV, Cox Enterprises and Meredith Corp.
"Stations have enthusiastically embraced Hot in Clevelandand see huge potential for this sitcom in their lineups,” CTD president of sales Joe DiSalvo said. “Hot in Cleveland has been a breakout hit for TV Land and is a perfect fit for the broad audience of broadcast syndication.”
The series -- which stars White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick -- bowed in June 2010 and ranked as the highest-rated telecast in TV Land's 14-year history. Through three seasons, the series averages 3 million total viewers. Production on Season 4 is under way.
The series has proven a boon to White's career and the network as it pushes into more original programming.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)