'Cheers' Veteran to Oversee TV Land's 'Hot in Cleveland' Spinoff (Exclusive)
Phoef Sutton will serve as showrunner on the Cedric the Entertainer comedy tentatively titled "Have Faith."
TV Land has tapped industry veteran Phoef Sutton to oversee its Hot in Cleveland spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Tentatively titled Have Faith, the series stars Cedric the Entertainer as Rev. Boyce and was co-written by Cedric and Cleveland creator Suzanne Martin. TV Land ordered the Cedric-fronted project to series after the concept originated in the flagship series.
Cedric stars as a minister who finds himself involved in the affairs of the Cleveland cast, which includes Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick.
Sutton got his start in 1986, penning a pair of episodes of Newhart before moving to Cheers, where he served as a writer and executive producer. His credits also include Boston Legal, Terriers and CBS' freshman comedy Rob.
He joins executive producers Martin, Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner on the series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack