TV Land Renews 'The Exes' for Season 4
The new batch of 12 episodes will debut in the summer.
TV Land is remaining loyal to The Exes.
The Viacom-owned cable network has renewed the Kristen Johnson starrer for a fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The new season of 12 episodes -- down three from season three but on par with its sophomore run -- will debut in the summer.
The series, which revolves around a divorce attorney (Johnson) as she introduces her newly single client Stuart (David Alan Basche) to new roommates Phil (Donald Faison) and Haskell (Wayne Knight), is part of an original scripted roster that includes Hot in Cleveland, Kirstie, The Soul Man and upcoming single-camera comedy Jennifer Falls.
In its third season, the series is averaging about 1.3 million total viewers per week through 15 of its 19 episodes on Wednesdays -- up 69 percent versus TV Land's primetime average. This season, Johnson missed a few episodes after she was diagnosed with a rare form of lupus.
"From the moment we read the very first script for The Exes, we fell in love,” TV Land president Larry Jones said. "This series has a comedy ensemble that’s a force to be reckoned with, and it just keeps getting better and better."
The season finale of The Exes airs Feb. 26.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR