TV Land Renews 'The Exes' for Second Season
The series will return early in June and serve and be paired with the cabler's "Hot in Cleveland" spinoff starring Cedric the Entertainer.
TV Land isn't breaking up with The Exes anytime soon.
The cable net announced Thursday that it has renewed its Kristen Johnson starrer for a second season, set to premiere in June where it will be paired with its upcoming Hot in Cleveland spinoff Have Faith starring Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash.
The series, which revolves around a divorce attorney (Johnson) as she introduces her newly single client Stuart (David Alan Bache) to new roommates Phil (Donald Faison) and Haskell (Wayne Knight), aired its freshman season finale Wednesday nigihit and has averaged 1.5 million total viewers and a 0.65 in the adults 25-54 demographic.
“‘The Exes’ has proven to be an excellent addition to our primetime lineup,” TV Land topper Larry W. Jones said in a statement. “This cast of seasoned comedy performers and a writing team led by Mark Riesman are what keep our viewers coming back week after week. We can’t wait to get started on the second season.”
The Exes premiered in November behind Betty White's Hot in Cleveland, opening to 1.4 million viewers at 10:30 p.m.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR