TV Ratings: 'It's a Wonderful Life' Wins Another Christmas Eve for NBC
The network's annual broadcast of Frank Capra's holiday classic tops the quiet night in adults 18-49 and total viewers.
It's a Wonderful Life topped total viewers (5.6 million) and the key demo (1.5 adults rating) on Christmas Eve, rising a tenth of a point from its demo score on NBC last year.
ABC and NBC split second place with adults 18-49, each posting a 1.0 demo rating. ABC had Shrek the Halls (1.0 adults) and Shrek the Third (1.0 adults), while CBS aired encores of its regular Monday block. The latter won total viewers (4.2 million), edging out ABC's 3.4 million average for the night.
A block of Raising Hope encores averaged a 0.6 adults rating and 1.8 million viewers on Fox, while the CW broadcasts of Christmas Is Here Again and Second Star to the Left brought in a 0.2 adults rating and 724,000 viewers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR