TV Ratings: 'It's a Wonderful Life' Wins Another Christmas Eve for NBC
The network's annual broadcast of Frank Capra's holiday classic tops the quiet night in adults 18-49 and total viewers.
It's a Wonderful Life topped total viewers (5.6 million) and the key demo (1.5 adults rating) on Christmas Eve, rising a tenth of a point from its demo score on NBC last year.
ABC and NBC split second place with adults 18-49, each posting a 1.0 demo rating. ABC had Shrek the Halls (1.0 adults) and Shrek the Third (1.0 adults), while CBS aired encores of its regular Monday block. The latter won total viewers (4.2 million), edging out ABC's 3.4 million average for the night.
A block of Raising Hope encores averaged a 0.6 adults rating and 1.8 million viewers on Fox, while the CW broadcasts of Christmas Is Here Again and Second Star to the Left brought in a 0.2 adults rating and 724,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram