TV Ratings: ABC Wins Demo, But Friday a Downer for All
ABC averaged a 1.6 in the 18-49 demo, as "Shark Tank" and its other offerings fell, but still eked out a victory against overall winner CBS.
Led by old standbys and some feisty executives, ABC narrowly won the 18-49 demo war on Friday night.
Every major network show was either down or even during primetime. ABC's 8-9 pm offering of Tim Allen's Last Man Standing and Reba McEntire's Malibu Country earned a 1.4 and 1.3 in the 18-49 respectively, down 14 and 24 percents from last Friday.
The network's top show on the evening, hour-long reality series Shark Tank, took home a 1.9 in the demo (and a six share), a drop of 10 percent from seven days ago. News show 20/20 scored a 1.4, down 13 percent -- though it did beat out NBC's rival Dateline, which had a 1.2 in demo.
The rest of NBC struggled as well; both Matthew Perry's Go On, and Guys With Kids, which is executive produced by Jimmy Fallon, netted just a 0.7 in 18-49. Grimm, its supernatural mystery series, netted a 1.6, down a tick (and six percent) from last week.
Over at CBS, Undercover Boss fell in the demo to a 1.7, though it earned a 5.3 overall. CSI: NY fell to a 1.4, while the Whitney Houston tribute, We Will Always Love You, took in a 1.4, as well.
Fox's Fringe, in its final season, garnered a .9 in the demo.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR