TV Ratings: ABC Wins Sleepy Christmas Repeat Race
Encores of "The Middle" and "Modern Family" edge out Christmas specials and other modest broadcast efforts.
As expected, Wednesday's ratings race was not a particularly exciting one. With plenty of television sets tuned off, or otherwise occupied, for the Christmas holiday -- none of the broadcast networks programmed anything original.
ABC had the edge with adults 18-49, averaging a 0.8 rating in the demo thanks to the night's top performers: repeats of Modern Family and The Middle. Among total viewers, ABC took 2.7 million.
Kelly Clarkson and Michael Buble saw repeat airings of their respective Christmas specials on NBC, giving the network a 0.7 rating with adults 18-49 and 3 million viewers for the night.
Another outing for the I Love Lucy Christmas special and drama repeats brought a viewership win for CBS with 4.6 million. The network averaged a 0.6 rating with adults 18-49.
On Fox, repeat Christmas specials Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas and DreamWorks Dragons: Gift of the Night Fury led into encores of Raising Hope. The network took a 0.4 adults rating and 1.4 million viewers.
Yet more Christmas specials fetched a 0.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 903,000 viewers on The CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR