TV Ratings: Mostly Steady Academy of Country Music Awards Drives CBS' Sunday
"Once Upon a Time" hits a series low and loses its demo advantage to the trophy show, down 6 percent from the previous year.
CBS boasted a solid victory Sunday, earning the night's best showings in adults 18-49 and viewers: a 2.6 rating and 12.2 million. The big event, the Academy of Country Music Awards, was down by 6 percent from 2011. It pulled a 3.1 rating after 60 Minutes' 1.3.
Once Upon a Time dropped 7 percent for a series low on ABC. The drama pulled a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49, just a tenth of a point ahead of a steady Desperate Housewives (2.6). GCB also hit a low, earning a 1.9 at 10 p.m. The network averaged a 2.1 in the demo and 7 million viewers.
Fox had two repeats of The Simpsons mixed in with an otherwise original lineup. The Cleveland Show (1.2 among adults 18-49) was down 20 percent from last week, as was Bob's Burgers (1.6). Family Guy only dropped 11 percent to a 2.5, while American Dad was even with its previous 2.0. Fox landed in third with a 1.7 among adults 18-49 and 3.6 million viewers.
A three-hour episode of The Apprentice was even on NBC for a 1.8 in the demo, though it managed to grow every hour. It followed an also-even Dateline (1.0), bringing the network a 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.6 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack