TV Ratings: 'American Horror Story: Coven' Shaping Up to Be Huge for FX
Before Live+Seven data is even available, both episodes of the anthology's latest run are already ranking in the network's top three telecasts of all time -- and besting any other network series in younger viewers.
With partial DVR data now available for the first two episodes of American Horror Story: Coven, FX's latest entry in the anthology series is proving to be remarkably steady -- and huge. Ahead of Live+Seven Day ratings, both episodes are already outpacing all but one other telecast (Sons of Anarchy) in network history.
Upping its time-shifted viewing in the second week to leave the audience virtually on par with the massive premiere (7.121 versus 7.266 million in Live+Three), Coven actually improved its lot among adults 18-34. The new record, 2.945 million in the demo, now outranks the network's all-time top performer across the board (the recent season-six premiere of Sons).
Among adults 18-49, the second episode of Coven is also neck-and-neck with its premiere -- falling a touch from a 4.98 to 4.92 million demo viewers. That's a difference of less than a tenth of a ratings point.
Compared to the previous two seasons in the American Horror Story franchise, Coven is outpacing Asylum by 41 percent in the key demo and Murder House by a whopping 90 percent.
Looking at FX's top 50 telecasts of all time, all of which save Coven include the extra four days of DVR use, 18 of the top 20 are all Sons of Anarchy. The first two episodes of Coven currently hold the No. 2 and No. 3 spots, and the most recent episode is on track to topple the premiere when Live+Seven is available for both.
So what does that mean? Barring a serious drop in momentum, Coven may end up rivaling the current run of veteran Sons of Anarchy as the highest-rated season of any show in the cable network's history.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game