TV Ratings: 'Apt. 23' and 'SVU' Rebound as 'American Idol' Tops Wednesday
Second "Off Their Rockers" improves "Best Friends Forever" vacancy, ABC's mostly steady lineup gets edged out by returning CBS series and (a few) more people are still choosing encores of the CW's "L.A. Complex" over Tuesday's originals.
American Idol, down two tenths of a point from last Wednesday's final adults 18-49 rating, brought the network its 16th consecutive Wednesday win in the demo and total viewers. The broadcast of the top five's performances earned a 4.6 rating with 18-49-ers, according to fast affiliate ratings, and pulled 16.3 million viewers.
CBS was back in second place, following a new Survivor (down two tenths for a season low 2.5 rating among adults 18-49) a returning Criminal Minds (even at 3.0) and a dominant CSI (2.3) at 10 p.m. The network averaged a 2.6 rating in the demo and 10.1 million viewers.
Modern Family resumed original episodes on ABC, pulling a season low of a 4.0 rating among adults 18-49 and down just a tenth of a point from two weeks ago. The Middle was also down a tenth of a point for a 2.0, a season low of its own, and Suburgatory was steady with the same number. Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23 saw a four-tenths jump with the return of an original Modern Family lead and grabbed a 2.4 rating in the demo. Revenge was steady with last week's low of a 2.1 in the demo. Altogether, ABC nabbed a 2.4 rating among 18-49-ers and 7.1 million viewers.
Off Their Rockers hit a series low of a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 on NBC, but a second episode at 8:30 p.m. actually grew a tenth of a point for 1.4, nearly doubling the performance of the now sidelined Best Friends Forever. Rock Center With Brian Williams was up a tenth of a point for a 1.0 rating, a high since early March, and Law & Order: SVU's extra tenth of a point was enough to make its 1.8 rating a 12-week high for the timeslot -- though it was still in last place for the hour.
Once again, a repeat of The L.A. Complex outperformed Tuesday's original with total viewers, though the encore was steady with a 0.3 demo rating at 8 p.m. America's Next Top Model was down a tenth of a point for a 0.4 among adults 18-49.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game