TV Ratings: 'American Idol' Leads Wednesday as Most Competition Grows
ABC comedies rebound from last week's lows, while "Revolution" and "Law & Order" also see lifts.
With an average 4.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 13.2 million viewers, American Idol scored another easy Wednesday win for Fox in fast national ratings. The series, down 13 percent from last Wednesday's opener, was improved from its most recent Thursday outing.
ABC won the race for second place with a nightly average of a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.5 million viewers. All five of the net's Wednesday offerings were improved from last week, with The Middle (2.2 adults) and Suburgatory (1.8 adults) up a respective four- and two-tenths of a point. Modern Family (3.5 adults) improved three-tenths, Super Fun Night (1.7 adults) was up two-tenths and Nashville (1.4 adults) rose by a tenth.
All three NBC dramas were also up from last week. Revolution (1.5 adults) improved by two-tenths of a point, with Law & Order SVU (1.8 adults) up four-tenths and Chicago P.D. (1.6 adults) inching up by a tenth. The network averaged a 1.7 adults rating and 6.1 million viewers.
With comedy encores for a lead-in, CBS dramas Criminal Minds (2.2 adults) and CSI (1.6 adults) dropped a respective two- and four-tenths of a point. The network pulled a 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 8 million viewers for the three-hour block.
Arrow (0.8 adults) shed a tenth of a point from last week's score, and The Tomorrow People (0.5 adults) held steady -- giving The CW a nightly score of a 0.7 rating in the demo and 1.9 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game