TV Ratings: 'American Idol' Climbs Against ABC Repeats, 'Survivor' Rises
Up 12 percent among adults 18-49 from last Wednesday, Fox nabbed an easy win against many encores.
American Idol's Top 13 came out of the gate strong on Wednesday. Fast affiliate ratings give the two-hour broadcast a 5.6 rating among adults 18-49 and 18.5 million viewers. That's a 12 percent bump in the adults demo, which it can thank, at least in part, to a mix of repeats on ABC and CBS.
Survivor marked the only original broadcast for CBS, posting a season high of a 3.2 among 18-49-ers. With repeats of Criminal Minds and CSI, the net averaged a 2.2 in the demo and 8.7 million for second place.
ABC's Wednesday block (1.7 in the demo; 5.1 million viewers) was all repeats, with the exception of Happy Endings and news special Revenge For Real. The comedy took a hit without an original Modern Family lead, pulling just a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49. Still, the number makes it the highest-rated scripted original of the night across all networks. Revenge for Real pulled a 1.4 in the demo.
Whitney and Are You There, Chelsea? both rose for NBC. The new episodes jumped one and two tenths, respectively, for a 1.6 and 1.5 among adults 18-49. With a repeat of Law & Order SVU and an original Rock Center With Brian Williams (1.0), the peacock brought in a 1.2 in the demo and 3.7 million viewers.
One Tree Hill pulled a 0.7 adults rating for The CW, while America's Next Top Model earned a 0.6.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR