8:54am PT by Lindsay Powers
TV Ratings: Andy Rooney Goes Out Strong on CBS’ '60 Minutes'
NBC dominated Sunday night with the Jets-Ravens game.
PHOTOS: Fall TV Death Pool: Will 'Charlie's Angels,' 'Whitney' or 'How to Be a Gentleman' Be Axed First?
CBS came in second place with its 60 Minutes episode featuring Andy Rooney's last regular segment rating a 3.5 in the key 18-49 demo and drawing 16.1 million viewers.
PHOTOS: Fall TV's 12 Most Anticipated Shows
On Fox, which was in third, Family Guy was down 15 percent from last week, but still rated a strong 3.5, tying with 60 Minutes in the key demo. A new episode of The Simpsons rated 3.0, down 23 percent. The Cleveland Show rated a 2.6, down 15 percent. American Dad was down 10 percent.
STORY: TV Ratings: Jets-Ravens Game Powers NBC to Sunday Night Win
ABC premiered America's Funniest Home Videos to a 1.5, down 21 percent and its lowest-rated premiere ever. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was up 9 percent (2.1), but Desperate Housewives was down 9 percent (2.9). Pan Am rated a 2.5, down 19 percent from its series premiere last week.
Below, networks rated by demo:
NBC - 5.9, 14.6 million viewers (numbers are approximate)
- Football Night in America – 2: 3.8, 9.4 million viewers
- Football Night in America – 3: 4.9, 12.5 million viewers
- Sunday Night Football (NY Jets vs. Baltimore): 7.3, 17.7 million viewers
CBS - 3.1, 13 million viewers (numbers are approximate with NFL overruns)
- NFL Over-run: 5.5, 18.4 million viewers
- 60 Minutes: 3.5, 16.1 million viewers
- Amazing Race 19: 3.0, 10.8 million viewers
- The Good Wife: 2.1, 10.8 million viewers
- CSI: Miami: 2.3, 9.8 million viewers
FOX - 2.7, 5.8 million viewers
- The Cleveland Show (RP): 2.4, 6.3 million viewers
- The Simpsons (RS): 2.0, 4.5 million viewers
- The Simpsons: 3.0, 6.1 million viewers
- The Cleveland Show: 2.6, 5.5 million viewers
- Family Guy: 3.5, 6.9 million viewers
- American Dad: 2.7, 5.7 million viewers
ABC - 2.3, 7.6 million viewers
- America's Funniest Home Videos (P): 1.5, 6.4 million viewers
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: 2.1, 7.1 million viewers
- Desperate Housewives: 2.9, 9 million viewers
- Pan Am: 2.5, 7.7 million viewers
[email protected]; @LKPE