TV Ratings: 'Anna Nicole' Is Lifetime's Most Watched Original Movie of 2013
UPDATED: Topping recent true-crime fare about Jodi Arias, the telepic even bests "Liz & Dick" in key demos to give the network its best movie ratings since "Steel Magnolias."
Lifetime's Anna Nicole Smith telepic proved a big draw on Saturday night, just topping the network's Casey Anthony effort as the most watched original movie of 2013 and besting all other efforts this year across key demographics.
All told, Anna Nicole fetched 3.3 million viewers during its inaugural airing, bringing in the most viewers of any Lifetime original movie since the November premiere of Liz & Dick (3.5 million viewers). The telepic marked a 57 percent jump over Lifetime's year-to-date original movie average -- which also includes June's high-profile effort Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret (3.1 million).
Among targeted demographics, Anna Nicole managed to eclipse all Lifetime efforts since Steel Magnolias' record-breaking performance last October. Anna Nicole earned 1.6 million adults 25-54 and 1.4 million adults 18-49. With female viewers, Anna Nicole brought 1.2 million women 25-54 and 1.1 million women 18-49.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR