TV Ratings: 'Awake' Premiere Delivers Timeslot Growth, 'Idol's' Top 13 Selection Wins Thursday
Though not the strongest of debuts, and up against broadcast repeats, NBC's Kyle Killen drama still brings stronger returns than predecessors "Prime Suspect" and "The Firm."
The selection of the top 13 gave American Idol a 18 percent boost among adults 18-49. Fast affiliate ratings have Thursday's two-hour results show (and Fox) earning a 5.3 among the demo and 18.3 million viewers.
Well behind Fox in second place was CBS, which had a block of repeats (with the exception of Rob) for a 2.1 adults 18-49 showing and 9.5 million viewers. Rob brought in a 2.6 in the demo, a series low, dipping 12 percent with the softer lead-in.
NBC usurped ABC's block of repeats for third place, averaging a 1.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 4.7 million viewers. Comedies 30 Rock (1.4), The Office (2.5) and Up All Night (1.6) all dropped a tenth of a point in the demo, while Parks and Recreation held onto last week's 1.7.
At 10:00 p.m., the series premiere of Awake pulled in a 1.9 among adults 18-49 and 6.247 million viewers. It topped the hour in the demo, but it was up against repeats of The Mentalist and Jimmy Kimmel Live. The score marks a non-sporting high for the time slot, which last saw scripted fare get a number that high last May. It topped Prime Suspect's Thursday debut by a tenth of a point and The Firm's 1.4 rating for its Sunday premiere -- the latter taking a sharp drop when moving to Thursday.
ABC's block of repeats brought a 1.1 among adults 18-49, while CW's own encores averaged a 0.4 in the demo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)