TV Ratings: 'The Bachelor' Hits Three-Year Premiere High, 'Hostages' Exits on Low Note
ABC scores its biggest Monday of the season with the introduction of Juan Pablo, Fox sees a small lift for "Almost Human" and CBS' freshman drama goes out quietly with a two-hour special.
Juan Pablo Galavis delivered on several months of hype Monday night when the latest star of ABC's aging Bachelor franchise prompted an impressive 17 percent rating bump from last year's premiere. Averaging a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.5 million viewers, the two-hour Bachelor opener marked the best premiere for the ABC series in three years.
Though its lead-in was considerable, giving the network its best Monday of the 2013-14 season, Castle (1.8 adults) still managed to fall three-tenths of a point from its last outing. ABC averaged a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.6 million viewers.
The runner-up spot went to Fox, which had one original offering in Almost Human (1.7 adults) -- up just a tenth of a point from its last original but improved by nearly a million viewers (6.2 million). Fox took a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 4.5 million viewers.
CBS said goodbye to season one of Hostages with a two-hour finale. The soft freshman drama averaged a 1.1 rating with adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. before falling to a 1.0 (tying its series low) at 10 p.m. The network, which had more success at 8 p.m. with a 2 Broke Girls repeat, averaged a 1.2 rating in the demo and 5.2 million viewers.
NBC put out back-to-back-to-back encores of The Blacklist, the last of which outperformed Hostages, averaging a 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.2 million viewers.
More encores over on The CW gave the network a 0.2 rating with adults 18-49 and 631,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack