TV Ratings: 'Bachelor Pad' Premiere Up 8% From Last Year in Viewers
Fox wins the night in the key adult demo with strong showings from "Hell's Kitchen" and "MasterChef."
ABC's three-hour premiere of Bachelor Pad, a spinoff of sorts from the network's long-running Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise, held up in the ratings.
Estranged exes Vienna and Jake were hot topics during the span of the show with viewers watching their tense post-breakup interview with host Chris Harrison last year. Bachelor Pad (6.9 million total viewers, 2.2 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic) improved 8 percent from last summer's series opener and achieved series highs among adults 18-34, 18-49, 25-54 and women 18-34.
ABC was also the night's most-watched network on a night where CBS, the CW and NBC aired repeats.
But it was Fox that ultimately topped the night in the ad-coveted demo, averaging a 2.5 for the night. Hell's Kitchen (6.5 million, 2.7), up 8 percent from last Monday, and MasterChef (5.5 million, 2.3), steady from its last original telecast, helped the network take the No. 1 spot.
For Hell's Kitchen, last night's performance tied its highest adult demo rating and drew its largest viewership of the season so far. Compared with last week's comparable telecast, Hell's Kitchen rose 16 percent in tune-in.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR