TV Ratings: Memorial Day Brings Softer 'Bachelorette,' 'America's Got Talent'
With summer encores settling in, Monday's two big reality offerings take small hits on the holiday.
NBC took Memorial Day Monday with one of the night's lone blocks of original programming. America's Got Talent, down half a point from the previous Monday, topped all other broadcasts among adults 18-49 and viewers and earned a 2.7 demo rating and 10 million viewers. American Ninja Warrior, down 17 percent, took second place among all shows with a 2.0 adults rating. An encore of Grimm (0.9) rounded out the block, giving NBC a 1.9 rating with 18-49-ers for the night and 6.2 million viewers.
ABC's The Bachelorette also was down as it shifted to 8 p.m. to fill the vacancy left by Dancing With the Stars. The two-hour broadcast earned a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49, a 25 percent drop from last week. A 10 p.m. encore of Castle (0.8) gave the network an average of a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49 for the night and 5.2 million viewers.
Encores of CBS' regular Monday lineup brought a 1.2 demo rating for the network and 5.1 million viewers, while back-to-back encores of the recently departed House averaged a 0.8 adults rating and 2.4 million viewers for Fox.
The CW's encores averaged 0.3 rating among adult 18-49 and just 678,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR