TV Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale Sees Boosts, Teen Choice Awards Steady With 2011
UPDATED: ABC scores an easy Sunday win as its dating competition improves in the move from Monday to Sunday.
The Bachelorette fit in well on Sunday. Pushing up the two-part finale from Monday to accommodate tonight's debut of Bachelor Pad, ABC saw an easy win among adults 19-49 and total viewers, notching a 2.6 rating and an audience of 7.9 million. Following an encore of America's Funniest Home Videos (1.2 adults rating), the Bachelorette finale was up two tenths of a point from last summer's ender for a 3.0 rating among 18-49-ers. At 10 p.m., the After the Final Rose special was up 14 percent from last year for a 3.2 rating in the demo.
CBS encores and a new Big Brother placed a distant second with a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.2 million viewers for the night. Big Brother was down three tenths of a point from last Sunday with a 1.9 adults rating.
The Teen Choice Awards were steady with last summer's telecast of the young kudos. The show earned a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49 on Fox, following encores of The Simpsons and Family Guy. The network notched 2.7 million viewers over the course of the night with a 1.0 adults rating. Univision tied Fox in the demo.
Dateline grew 25 percent on NBC, posting a 1.0 adults rating. Adding an encore of America's Got Talent, the network earned a 0.9 rating in the demo and 3.6 million viewers for the night.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR