TV Ratings: Barbara Walters' '20/20' Special, 'Shark Tank' Lead Final Friday of Season
The retiring journalist gets a two-hour retrospective, the night's most-watched telecast.
Barbara Walters' last day at ABC concluded with two-hour 20/20. The exiting journalist, who called the weekly news program home for years, brought an average 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 9.3 million viewers. It was the night's most-watched telecast.
The special also displaced Shark Tank, which closed out its highest-rated season to date with a 1.6 in the demo -- improved from its last showing at 8 p.m. ABC won the night with an average 1.6 adults rating and 8.3 million viewers.
A potentially sports-preemption-inflated NBC saw steady outings of Dateline and Grimm pull a 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 -- the latter airing its season finale. Hannibal improved two-tenths of a point for a 0.9 rating.
Kitchen Nightmares closed out its season up a tenth of a point for a 0.9 adults rating on Fox. On The CW, both Whose Line Is It Anyway? (0.6 adults) and Hart of Dixie (0.4 adults) were up by the same measure.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)