TV Ratings: 'Big Brother' Leads Thursday as NFL Preemptions Hit Big Four
Early returns have most scores inflated by preseason football on Fox, ABC, NBC and CBS, but the reality show's elimination episode paces well ahead of the competition.
A slew of preseason NFL games saw preemptions on the big four Thursday night. As a result, Fast National returns are inflated, and a more accurate portrait of primetime returns will be available later on Friday.
Still, Big Brother had a significant advantage over the night's other original broadcasts. CBS averaged a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.6 million viewers for the night. The network has now hit a full week of blackouts among some subscribers in New York, Dallas and Los Angeles, prompted by a carriage dispute with Time Warner Cable.
ABC was the only network airing all originals, and pulled an average 1.1 adults rating and 4.7 million with episodes of Wipeout, Motive and Rookie Blue.
The finale of The Winner Is preceded another outing of Hollywood Game Night on NBC. The network had a 1.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.95 million viewers.
Both Fox and The CW aired repeats.
Univision averaged a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.2 million viewers, while Telemundo had a 0.5 adults rating and 1.2 million viewers.
More to come...
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!