TV Ratings: 'Big Brother' to Take Ratings Crown
Regional preseason football games inflate numbers, but CBS is still expected to finish out on top.
On a NFL-boosted Thursday, CBS ended up taking the ratings crown.
With a dominant performance from Big Brother (9.7 million total viewers, 3.4 rating in adults 18-49 demographic), preliminary numbers indicate that the network topped the night in the ratings -- even though its numbers were up due to regional preseason football games. ABC, NBC and Fox also aired games.
With barely any other competition (besides football), the order at the top likely won't change when updated numbers come in. At the moment, CBS averaged 8.6 million and a 2.7 rating during primetime.
ABC's Rookie Blue was the only other original telecast on the night, drawing 5.9 million viewers and a 1.6 rating. Next week, the network airs its two-hour season closer.
NBC and ABC followed, averaging a 1.6 in the key demo, with the latter coming out on top in tune-in with an average of 5.9 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10