TV Ratings: 'Big Brother' Tops Thursday, ABC's Lineup Rises
CBS will likely win the evening, with ABC currently close behind.
Another Thursday, another likely CBS ratings victory.
Though CBS programming was pre-empted or delayed in about 5 percent of the country due to local NFL preseason football, the network topped primetime on the strength of another fiery live eviction episode of Big Brother (6.9 million total viewers, 2.3).
Big Brother, in fact, was the evening's most watched broadcast program in primetime, and was No. 1 among adults 18-49 and 25-54 (2.8) — though down from Wednesday's telecast. CBS also aired reruns of The Big Bang Theory (1.8), Two and a Half Men (1.5) and Elementary (1.0).
ABC, meanwhile, saw double-digit boosts for its entire lineup due to NFL pre-emptions/delays: Wipeout (5.1 million, 1.6), Motive (5.9 million, 1.3) and Rookie Blue (5.8 million, 1.4). These numbers will likely be adjusted down.
An original of NBC's Hollywood Game Night (3.9 million, 1.3) rose nearly 20 percent at 10 p.m., according to fast nationals. Repeats of America's Got Talent (4.1 million, 1.0) and an encore of Hollywood Game Night (3.7 million, 1.2) were lead-ins.
Fox aired encores of Glee (1.8 million, 0.7), New Girl (1.5 million, 0.6) and The Mindy Project (1.7 million, 0.7). The CW went with reruns of The Vampire Diaries (1 million, 0.4) and America's Next Top Model (934,000, 0.3).
Current projections for CBS, as well as ABC, NBC and The CW, are likely to go down when finals come in.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR